* Conserve water and improve watershed health with a garden designed to retain and naturally divert water into the soil reducing runoff, soil erosion and leaching of harmful substances into our rivers and lakes.
* Attract and provide habitat for butterflies, birds and important pollinators that work together to make our fruit flowers and vegetables plentiful.
* Revitalize natural ecological systems that focus on balance and vitality rather than on plants in isolation.
* Save time and money in maintenance. A well designed garden is a garden where the right plants are planted in the right location so they can succeed based on their mature sizes. A healthy garden will save you and the environment in the long run.
* Make a lasting impact on our climate. A healthy garden means healthy biomass and soil. without those, carbon that is held will be released into the atmosphere as CO2 leading to ocean acidification and climate changes. Very small changes in your garden can have an incredible impact for generations to come.
What you CAN EXPECT
Our Design Process
Meet & Greet
At ROCK SOIL & SEED we believe that hearing what you love is integral to the design process. During our first consultation, we will listen to your needs in regards to elements like function, privacy, colour, texture, budget and time commitment.
During this meet up we will share with you our knowledge about the health and sustainability benefits to building an ecological balanced garden for your family. We will also discuss basic budgets that work for you. Knowing what resources you have can help with decisions on hardscaping materials, plant stock sizes and quantity.
Observing the Site
Once you determine you are ready to make a sustainable change, we will set up a secondary time for a specialist to observe the site. Site observation includes soil assessment, measurements of the site, assessment of existing tree/plants, hardscaping, sector and zone analysis.
The Concept Design
The concept design is a hand drawn design giving you an overall look and feel of your mature garden. Designing for a mature garden not only saves you money, but ensures that the trees and shrubs have the right space to thrive. At this point you can make any suggestions and changes that will be integrated into the final planting plan.
A well designed garden equals a long term low maintenance garden and therefore will save you time and money.
The planting plan is an installation map to the creation of the concept design plus changes. It informs the installation company where to build hard-scape elements and to place soft-scape elements. At ROCK SOIL & SEED, we believe that the proper installation is important to the long term health of the garden. We will help you find a landscaping installation company and that shares our ideals on plant care and health as well as oversee the location and planting of the botanicals. We also offer services to work with the installation company in the plant & tree selection and installation, ensuring longterm success for your garden.
Landscape Management Plan
Wether you have a beautiful new edible and medicinals garden or an entertaining space where birds and butterflies are abundant, you will get a Landscape management plan that will give you a listing of all the plants & trees in your garden and the simple care they need to thrive.